- Draw a rectangle on the paper
- Look out the window. Are there many trees or one or two large trees?
- You can use photos of trees or forests if your window view is not suitable.
- If you see many trees, use one line for each trunk.
- Start at the bottom and slowly draw the line for each trunk.
- Pay attention to any small curves or changes in direction.
- If you see one tree, draw two lines for the trunk.
- Then draw the lines for the largest branches.
- Pay close attention to where branches join.
- Do several practice sketches.